- About Us
- How to Help
Pet Rescue is a volunteer-based organization dedicated to saving dogs and cats and finding them safe and nurturing homes. We truly appreciate your interest in helping!
Pet Rescue relies on volunteers to help our dogs and cats in many ways - either directly (fostering, socializing, feeding) or through the day to day activities that are necessary for running an organization. Without these dedicated individuals, we would not be able to accomplish all that we do.
The following information and guidelines are applicable to all volunteers. All Volunteers must comply with the rules and requirements for volunteering with Pet Rescue or at Pet Rescue adoption or open house events. Pet Rescue reserves the right to terminate any volunteer who does not comply with the rules and requirements set forth in this application.
Dress Code: There is no enforced dress code at Pet Rescue with the exception of closed toe shoes for dog walkers. However, it is suggested that volunteers wear clothes that can get dirty. Sweatshirts are better than sweaters. Closed toe shoes are required for dog walkers and recommended for all other volunteers. Dangling jewelry should be avoided.
Proof of Volunteer Activity: If a Volunteer needs a letter stating that he or she has volunteered, the Volunteer must get that when he or she is actively volunteering. No records are kept for later access and it is the Volunteer's own responsibility to keep a signed record of activity as long as necessary. A letter confirming volunteer activity can be obtained.
Next Steps: After submitting your volunteer application, you will receive an email confirming that your application was received and outlining what the next steps are.
I AGREE THAT:
1. All interactions and communications shall be carried out in a fair, courteous, respectful, orderly manner, whether between fellow members and/or volunteers, as well as potential adopters, with the united goal to enhance the mission of Pet Rescue;
2. All members and volunteers shall be treated with respect, and shall in turn treat all other members and volunteers with respect;
3. When a person is speaking, others will be patient and will not interrupt;
4. Rude, unkind comments will not be tolerated. Any volunteer or member engaging in this behavior will receive one warning; thereafter, should this behavior continue, said member or volunteer may be asked to leave Pet Rescue once the matter is addressed by the Board of Directors.
5. Communications, whether verbal or written, will be in a civilized tone and manner. Raised voices, shouting or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
6. As Pet Rescue’s goal is to place rescued cats and dogs with adopters, there shall be no abusive, rude or otherwise inappropriate language directed at adopters by fellow members or volunteers, nor shall there be any rude, abusive or otherwise inappropriate language directed at fellow members or volunteers in front of potential adopters. Violation of this rule will be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.
These are the policies set forth by Pet Rescue. This is how we will be handling our facility and its operations. We wish to promote harmony among our staff and volunteers and we strive to work for the best possible outcome for all of our animals.
All animals are the property of Pet Rescue and all decisions about their care and well being will be made by Pet Rescue. By signing this agreement, you confirm you have read and understand these guidelines and agree to abide by the policies set forth by Pet Rescue.